Friday April 24 – 6:30pm
1111 Washington Ave. South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
(near Gold Medal Park/the Guthrie)
We have the side room reserved–to the right as you walk in the door.
If you chose to participate in the Print Swap and submitted your photo for printing, it will magically appear at Grumpy’s for the Swap. Light appetizers will be provided. Otherwise, drinks and food are available for purchase. We will announce the theme of the Instagram contest, which will open that night and close after lunch on Saturday. The winner will receive an award during the contest awards ceremony.
Minors are welcome at Grumpy’s until 9pm. Those 21 and older can stay as long as they wish.
Saturday April 25 –8:00am
Murphy Hall – University of Minnesota
Best/closest parking is Washington Avenue Ramp at
501 Washington Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
The ramp is one block east of Murphy Hall
- coffee and light breakfast
- visit with reps from National Camera Exchange and West Photo; handle gear on site (all day)
- raffle drawings throughout the day
- portfolio reviews
- opening and announcements
- panel discussion: Stories from Yesterday for Tomorrow
- Though the industry and the medium have changed, what have seasoned professionals learned in years past that can and should carry us through the future?
- Jim Mone, Judy Griesedieck, John Doman, and John Gross.
- speaker: Jen Arzayus, documentary filmmaker
- Trained as a photographer and artist, Jen stepped into the unknown to make her first documentary film about her then-estranged father, a Colombian drug lord.
- lunch (provided)
- panel: Long-term Projects in a Short Attention Span World
- An award-winning group of dedicated storytellers share their challenges, successes, and advice on approaching long-term photo projects.
- Caroline Yang, Renee Jones-Schneider, and Richard Tsong-Taatarii.
- speaker: David Guettenfelder
- Awards Ceremony